Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Singer Songwriter has found me Andrew Sloman : )








I am writing here today to tell my peeps about a Mr. Andrew Sloman. Another amazing singer/songwriter from the U.k. I have sampled his music on his myspace and let me be the first Oklahoman to tell ya he is magnificent!

His song "Wear Her Down" is soothing with an amazing melodic line where his gently clad voice is engulfed with the beautiful sounds of an amazing violin and acoustic guitar. Again a writer with poetic lyrics. I am a sucker for acoustic guitar, violin, and poetic words strung together to make a beautiful piece of musical art. The artistry behind Andrew Sloman is refreshing. A prime example of good music in my opinion.

"Tides" is another song on his myspace that I really enjoy. His voice blends with his beautiful guitar strumming in a way that caresses your mind. Definitely a track you can unwind to. I love the lyrical line "Joy rolling down on me" I live for music of this nature. Thank you Andrew!

"Parisian Streets" hits home with me. In this song I believe Andrew is singing of loving a person that he has to hide from life. The very being of this relation causes disappointment from strangers. I love his beautifully written lyrics. He wants love, but he is going about it in a shameful way. I really feel this song. His acoustic skills shadows his voice brilliantly in this tune.

"Silence" is another beautiful tune by Andrew that pairs a violin, his acoustic guitar, and his incredibly gentle voice.


"Elena" is another Great song. Opening with a bit of a Latin feel, Andrew's acoustic skills shine again. The way Andrew layers the chords of his guitar with the tapping of the trap set ties this song together really well. His soft, sweet voice weaves in and out of the chord progressions in a very tender, yet penetrating way, giving this song a unique sound. His lyrics speak of an addiction to loving a woman that is not good for him. Hurting by being with her and by being without her. Terrific song. Go listen!


Last song I will mention is "No No More." Andrew opens this song with a gorgeous run of chords on his acoustic guitar. His guitar is then paired with the beautiful strings of what I believe are a Cello and a violin. Absolutely beautiful harmonies in this tune. He again in this song, delights us with his soft sensuous voice, behind lyrics that run deep with both intense feeling and meaning. This song speaks of a relationship that has lost meaning. He has lost the ability to love, due to the lack of emotion and ability to care for one another. His lyrical line "I won't be wondering why No No More" is almost like a slap in the face, that is if the other party discovers they are still "in love" with him. Really a brilliantly written song, and beautiful to listen to. Go Listen!

Andrew Sloman has a sound of an angelic nature. If ever you need to just loose yourself in music for a bit to escape from the harsh realities of life, I suggest Andrew Sloman be on the play list, as I believe music is freedom for your soul. His music has an amazing quality that allows you to relax and breath in time with it. If you have not heard of Andrew Sloman, do yourself a favor and head over to his music page on myspace and have a listen! just click here!
www.myspace.com/andrewsloman

Refreshing music, go listen and enjoy! When you become a fan, mark your calendars for October 29th, 2009. Andrew's "Tides" EP releases! His EP will be available for download and purchase on itunes, CDBaby, and his myspace. His music is worth the, (what at most $10) cost! Don't miss out on the wonderful music coming from The Andrew Sloman! : )

~DeEtta Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment