Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Review of Sam Bradley's first Official EP





First off, I'd like to say that this is my own personal review of Sam Bradley's EP. I am in no way affiliated with Sam Bradley or his camp. I am just a fan, and All words here are of my own personal account I wish to share with the public.

Sam Bradley has written and performed many incredible works of musical art. The recent release of his first EP provides just 6 examples of this. I am open to all genres of music, Sam Bradley is a very talented artist who does a terrific job at providing a wide variety of music for his fans to appreciate.

The first song on his EP is one that Sam is well known for, "Sea Blue." In this number Sam exhibits beautiful guitar strumming on acoustic that shadows his incredibly gifted, soft, angelic voice perfectly. His vocals are sensational. Supplied with a beautiful vibrato in just the right phrases, he delights us with a wonderful melodic tune here. His lyrics are felt with intense emotion as he sings throughout the song. "Sea Blue" will leave you feeling vulnerable to all things pertaining to love, and craving more of Sam. This is also the song that Sam has chosen for his first official music video. You can see this video for yourself on his youtube channel. Just visit www.youtube.com/samueltube1

Next up is Sam's "Eugene/You-Gan/." In this track Sam provides us with a full band sound. Set with a darker tone, his voice keeps you entranced. "Eugene/You-Gan/" portrays a deep message. Once again Sam has written lyrics that leave you reading between the lines. I interpret this song as fighting a loosing battle. A no-win situation if you will. An ordeal that has you running in circles, as there is no immediate end in sight. Just a few lyrical lines from the song started to put this idea in my head. By listening to "If you've come to confront me, Greedy 'cus I've no more fight. If you've come to save me, Release me, but don't take up tonight." I love the way Sam writes so mysteriously. Purchase your own copy of Sam Bradley's EP at www.sambradley.com and get your own personal take on this absolutely genius song!

Sam's 3rd song on the EP is "Derek." Another popular song amongst Sam fans. I have heard the acoustic version of this tune, and I have to say I prefer the version recorded with the band on this EP better. Right off the bat this song says classic rock. Opening with drums that makes you start tapping your feet with the beat. Then enter the kick-ass guitar ripping through the opening and you are on your feet and dancing! Sam's voice here is sultry and simmers with a rock edge. "Derek" is a raw, hard without being too heavy, classic rock song. I love it, you will too!

Next up is "Pretty Boy." A Rock ballad that is hard hitting with amazing guitar and poetic lyrics. Sam's voice is soft and seductive in this magnificent number. "Pretty Boy" will leave you breathless and wanting more! This song is another prime example of classic rock and Sam has done an outstanding job creating. Thank you Sam!

Next tune, "Passport." This is a fun song. Recorded set to an acoustic guitar and piano, giving this one a bit of a jazzy feel. The opening line is " I lost my passport in a strip club..." This song is about lacking confidence, coping with that fact, and getting past it. I really enjoy this tune. So open. You will love it too!

Lastly, Sam's cleverly written "It Begins." This song opens with a booming bass line and Sam's amazing voice. I feel Sam is singing of a person he loves, but he's got to take off with his career. Can it last while he's on the road, and out in the open? Buy the EP, listen, and get your own interpretation of this outstanding work of art!

Have I convinced you to at least check out Sam Bradley yet? It just takes a few minutes of your time to head over and sample the sounds of Mr. Sam Bradley, then just another 5 or so minutes to purchase, download, and enjoy his EP. I heavily recommend too all lovers of music to purchase Sam Bradley's EP. You can sample his sounds by visiting his myspace music page at www.myspace.com/sambradley
Then, when you have become a fan, (you will) you can download and purchase a copy of his EP and ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment