Sunday, September 6, 2009

Get To Know Bobby Long



First off I would just like to say I am in no way affliated with Bobby Long or his camp. This is just my personal reflections of his music I wish to share with the public. The above pictures are my own that I took with my Fujifilm Finepix J20 while attending Bobby's Poor David's Pub show in Dallas Tx.

Bobby Long is a British singer/song writer that, through his music has won my heart. He has a folk voice with a rock edge sound. His music, so far, is of the unplugged account. He can take words and give them wings through his voice and his Guitar. This man's Guitar playing ability be stills my heart. He has a way with the harmonica that can drown you in comfort.
With Bobby, the best way to sum this up is, music must run through his veins. It is apart of him. With thought and dedication, this man writes lyrics that in my opinion seem like they are coming from an old soul that is deeply rooted within his heart. Which I believe, is why his work is so beautiful. His music will prove to be timeless. He has many of the greats that are his inspiration, which speaks volumes of his taste in music.
Think Modern Day Bob Dylan, and you can start to imagine Bobby Long. If you have not heard any of his work yet, do yourself a favor and head over to his myspace and have a listen. www.myspace.com/musicbobbylong
It will be worth it!

Bobby possesses a unique ability to write lyrics that can penetrate a soul. He writes in such a mysterious way that leaves all thoughts behind his lyrics open to individual interpretation. Examples of this are some of my top favorites. Such as "Left To Lie" (which is available on itunes) In this song he writes about life and all its mundane afflictions.
Another great example is his song "Passing Tale" This is my personal favorite, In this song, I feel Bobby's lyrics represent admitting to loss, be it death of life, or death of a relationship. His guitar in this song is intrusive in a way that penatrates your soul so much so you cant help but feel every chord. Bobby's voice shines in this tune by way of his emotions as he effortlessly delivers his lyrical lines. "Passing Tale" is only available on his "Dirty Pond Songs" which is only available for purchase at his shows.
And the last great example I will leave you with is Bobby's "Dead and Done." In this song, Bobby provides us with his beautiful acoustic guitar backed by his soothing harmonica. I believe Bobby is singing of his version of heaven in this tune. I do have to say Bobby paints a vivid picture with his lyrics as he makes his way throughout the song. His Harmonica layered with his acoustic guitar and his unfailing voice in this tune, drowns you with such comfort that you will not want it to end. This song is another favorite of mine. "Dead and Done" is definitely a timeless tune created by this timeless artist in the making.
I had the privilege of seeing Bobby Long Live two nights in a row in Dallas. I was completely impressed with his stage presence, demeanor, delivery, guitar, harmonica, and his outstanding hair. He is very entertaining. He is currently touring the U.S. I would love to bring him to Oklahoma as well. I do not have the ability to do this alone. We need a fan base big enough to bring him here. That’s why I am sharing this info. Go listen to Bobby Long, become a fan (you will) then ask that he play Oklahoma. His Show is one of the best live shows I have been to. It is so intimate, which makes for a great opportunity to connect with his fans.
Bobby has 3 singles available on itunes. Head over to itunes and Download them all! Catch a show while he is on tour and you could buy a copy of his "Dirty Pond Songs" which has 10 VERY GREAT songs on it. I bought one, and love EVERY SONG on there, which very rarely happens. So go check out Bobby Long! You will not be disappointed!
~ DeEtta Marie~

No comments:

Post a Comment